Our mission is to keep you safe and comfortable. Contact us today, and you’ll get a friendly, knowledgeable Western North Carolinian on the other end.
Considering a ductless system when you replace your old system? Maybe you already have a ductless system and need dependable technicians specializing in your model. Either way, our team at Ward Plumbing, Heating & Air can provide you with quality ductless system services in Sylva, NC and surrounding areas!
We have extensive experience with a plethora of HVAC systems, including ductless mini-splits. Ductless systems could be the perfect heating and cooling solution for your home, give us a call to learn more!
What Is A Ductless System?
A ductless system, also known as a ductless mini split, consists of an outdoor unit and an indoor unit, usually mounted to the wall. Rather than rely on a network of ducts to transfer air, this system uses pipes to condition and transport air. What makes a ductless system a good choice for some homeowners?
- It boasts far better energy efficiency than other types of HVAC systems. Your energy bills might decrease as a result.
- Installation is a simple, non-invasive process, especially when you choose our services.
- Ductless systems combine heating and cooling in one system.
- You’ll have more temperature control within the area in which the system is installed.
- Less maintenance is required from ductless systems when compared to a central air system.
How Does A Ductless Mini-Split Work?
Besides the absence of ducts, ductless mini-splits work the same way as a regular system with ducts. However, the presence of pipes over ducts makes for more controlled air transfer. There is no risk of torn or cracked ducts. Plus, a ductless system need not work as hard to operate.
A ductless system draws air in via its mounted indoor unit before transferring it to the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit then conditions the air with refrigerant and a series of coils and other components. Finally, the outdoor unit sends the air back to the indoor unit, which releases conditioned air into the room.
You should seek professional installation and repair services to get the most out of a ductless system. Otherwise, you’ll deal with issues like:
- Units installed in subpar locations
- Short cycles that use lots of energy
- Unit sizes that don’t fit the needs of your home
Our expert technicians will help evaluate your space and if a ductless mini split in Sylva, NC and surrounding areas will be the correct solution.
Are Ductless Systems Right For Me?
Ductless systems work well in North Carolina’s temperate climate. However, your home should fit certain guidelines before you commit to one:
- Ductless mini-splits work best for smaller structures with few rooms. Large, multi-level homes require bigger units.
- If you have a small separate building like a garage, office, or tool shed, you could benefit from a ductless system.
- Homes without pre-existing ductwork could benefit from a ductless mini-split system.
- New home additions such as sunrooms and basements are perfect for ductless systems.
Choose Ward Plumbing, Heating & Air For Top-Notch Services
Are you in the market for a ductless system or seeking repairs and maintenance for your current one? Look no further than our team at Ward Plumbing, Heating & Air. Call us at 828-785-4912 to determine whether a ductless system in Sylva, NC is your perfect match!