Our mission is to keep you safe and comfortable. Contact us today, and you’ll get a friendly, knowledgeable Western North Carolinian on the other end.
Do you know what you are breathing inside your home? Indoor air can often be more polluted than outdoor air due to lack of ventilation. At Ward Plumbing, Heating & Air, we are familiar with the most common causes of indoor pollution in western North Carolina. We supply residents with cutting-edge technology designed to filter and perfect the air they breathe.
What Is Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air quality (IAQ) refers to whether or not the air in your home is safe, healthy, and free from pollutants. The quality of air you breathe inside your home is important for various reasons, because of the health symptoms it can cause. Many homeowners blame their seasonal allergies on pollen, but did you know your home’s air could be causing the allergy symptoms? Indoor air can contain harmful pollutants such as mold, dust, asbestos, and carbon monoxide.
Poor indoor air quality can result in health symptoms such as:
- Chest tightness
Why Is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Everyone spends time breathing in their home’s air, whether sleeping, working, eating, or lounging. Poor indoor air quality can cause both short and long term health effects, such as allergy symptoms and respiratory diseases. If you or your family members struggle with auto-immune disorders, respiratory conditions like asthma, or chronic allergy problems, the IAQ could make or break your daily life experience.
Below are factors that can affect indoor air quality:
- Excessive humidity facilitates rampant mold and mildew growth.
- Low humidity irritates the skin and the sensitive mucous membranes in your nasal passages, sinuses, and throat.
- Dusty air aggravates your sinuses and nasal passages, causing you to sneeze and cough excessively.
- The outdoor air pollution that slips into your home can disrupt sleeping patterns.
With help from our expert technicians, we can help improve your indoor air quality in Sylva, NC and surrounding areas to keep you breathing easy at home.
How Can Ward Improve My Indoor Air Quality?
Our team of air quality experts can help improve and maintain good indoor air quality at home. First, our technicians will perform an air quality test to identify specific pollutants within your home. This assessment shows us your humidity levels, identifies air particles, and displays the amount of particles in your home. From there, we will determine the best solution for you and your home, such as:
- Humidifiers: Humidifying systems add moisture to the air to reduce dry climates and health effects.
- Dehumidifiers: Dehumidifying systems remove moisture from the air to prevent mold and mildew growth, which cause allergy symptoms.
- Electronic air cleaners: Electronic air cleaners use electrically charged filters to catch and reduce pollutants.
- UV lights: UV light systems emit ultraviolet rays to target bacteria, mold, and mildew from the air.
- Quality air filters: The Ward team can provide quality, high MERV air filters to improve the amount of pollutants caught each time air passes through.
Let Ward Plumbing, Heating & Air Clean Your Home’s Air
Explore countless ways to improve indoor air quality with our IAQ services. At Ward Plumbing, Heating & Air, we will design a personalized approach that suits your needs. Call 828-785-4912 to get started now!